Recommended Infrastructure Improvements
B.P.O.A. BOARD OF TRUSTEES RECOMMENDED INFRASTRUCTURE IMPROVEMENTS
- Believes that all sidewalks on Gleason, Venetian and Andrews should be fixed or striped on one side of the street, as available in the CBD (Central Business District).
- Encourages the City to adopt a comprehensive sidewalk plan in RM (Multi-Family Residential) areas.
- In favor of closing sidewalk gaps on the West side of A1A, from Thomas Street to George Bush Blvd., where public right-of-way is available.
- In favor of increasing pedestrian safety measures such as installing railings on and approaching the Atlantic Avenue Bridge.
- Believes that lighting should be added, as necessary for safety, on all active city streets where current lighting is not adequate.
- As in all major infrastructure improvements by the City, the residents in the local neighborhood most affected would need to support the new infrastructure considerations.