Making A Difference
BPOA BOARD PRIORITY INVOLVEMENT
- Work closely with Public Works Department and Parks and Recreation Department to manage and maintain the beach and dune system.
- Partnered with the City to present education outreach programs about turtle-friendly lighting, dune maintenance, flood insurance, wind resistant landscaping, and solar power.
- Continue the long-standing practice to ensure that zoning codes are met and propose projects are compatible with the beach neighborhood, attend related city board and commission meetings and present BPOA positions as necessary on behalf of the BPOA membership
- Ongoing support for Code Enforcement regulations regarding legitimate street signs and displays
- Worked with the City to revise sprinkler code regulations for condominiums resulting in substantial cost savings to condominium owners
- Created and got City approval for single-family home residential design guidelines for the Seagate and North Beach neighborhoods
- Initiated and supported drive to revise construction ordinances city wide resulting in increased compliance with permits, decreased noise and increased safety during the construction process
- Regularly have B.P.O.A. members sitting on multiple City advisory boards, whose recommendations impact the future of Delray’s development
- Adopted Anchor Park (through City’s Adopt a Park program) resulting in a much cleaner park due to both our teams and increased city attention
- Instrumental in developing the A1A Consensus Plan, approved by the City Commission, as part of the FDOT resurfacing /addition of bike lanes project
- Gained approval for crossing signals by FDOT at Sandoway Park on A1A
- Initiate drive to raise funds for adding palm trees on A1A